Old 31-05-2005, 06:10 PM
loraine

Hi Stan, dont quote me on this but i was always under the impression that
whoevers garden the posts are in, the fence belongs to them......

Loraine

"Stan The Man" wrote in message
My garden adjoins a field and I would like to determine ownership of
the fence which divides us. The field is unregistered land but belongs
to someone in London who rents it out as a paddock. The tenant doesn't
know who owns the fence won't give me any further information about her
landlord - who hasn't visited the place in 30 years by all accounts.

The fence struts and battens are on my side. Is that proof that the
fence doesn't belong to me? Presumably not since if I had a front
garden fence, the battens would also be on the inside. So is it proof
that I do own the fence?