Old 31-05-2005, 07:26 PM
Stan The Man

In article , Chris Bacon
wrote:

1) What does it say on your deeds? This should be a good indication.

The only boundary specifically referenced in the deeds is on the
opposite side of the garden which adjoins agricultural land and
requires me (and the previous owner) to erect and maintain a sheep and
cattle-proof post and rail fence. I can't find any reference to the
other side...although I recall reading somewhere that most properties
only own the fence on one side...

2) What of any other property adjoining the field? Is the fence of
one type and construction all along?

Nothing else adjoins the paddock. The fence is uniform close boarded
timber panels approx 6ft high, and timber posts. The paddock tenant has
erected a barbed wire fence within a yard of the wooden fence to stop
her horses from contacting/damaging the wooden fence.

3) The fact that the "fence struts and battens" are on your side
tends to indicate that the fence is yours, but is in no way proof.