Old 01-06-2005, 12:25 AM
Vox Humana

"David" wrote in message
. ..
Hey all,

I am about to install a paver path at my house. However, the location

where
I want to put the path has a sprinkler line running through it. Is it
possible to build the path over the sprinkler pipe? Or, should I have the
line moved (that is - put in the ground deeper)? Any other suggestions
would also be appreciated.

I have a paver walkway. While I like pavers better than plain cement, if I
had to do it again, I would NOT put in pavers. They looked great at first,
but now they are sinking in spots. The cracks between the pavers apparently
are a great incubator for seeds. Along with every weed that comes along,
perennials like heuchera and lady's mantle sprout up there. In really shady
areas, moss grows in the joints. I like the look of moss, but it can be
slick when wet. I had the pathway installed by professionals and it wasn't
inexpensive. I which I had gone with stamped, decorative concrete instead.
http://www.decorative-concrete.net/photos_stamped.php
http://www.concretenetwork.com/concr...mped_concrete/