Old 29-09-2002, 01:33 PM
Cicero

Default Removing Council Owned Trees?

"Top Cat" wrote in message
news:vjhl9.751$Op4.96001@newsfep2-gui...
I've got a very large Silver Birch tree just outside my boundary. It's on

council owned verge, overhangs my property, and the sap makes a hell of

the
mess of my car when parked on the driveway, it's a bloody nuisance!. Do

you
think as if I asked the council they would be obliged to remove it and

plant
something else more appropiate?

P.S. I'm a private householder.

I believe you can make a rather nice light wine from the sap of birch trees.
Why not take advantage of the free supply on your doorstep? The Council may
have something to say about it eventually but until they remove their sap
you will enjoy the fruits of the land for free!

Cic.