Old 31-05-2005, 11:24 PM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , Brian
writes

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
Anyone know the plant in the pictures? at
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/what.htm

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

(cvs)__________________
I would agree that it is most likely Enkianthus
campanulatus though it is more rosey coloured than I remember. If the
flower is of the Ericaceae then I feel there is no doubt~~ it's a nice
specimen.
Best Wishes Brian.

The specimens I've seen are yellowish-brown or white ('Albiflorus')
flowered, but googling finds red-flowered forms like the scarlet 'Showy
Lanterns' or the reddish 'Red Bells'. There's a Japanese site with a
colour which isn't a bad match -
URL:http://www.hakubaonline.com/flower/g...doudan/sarasad
oudan.htm. The jizz doesn't seem right, but that might just be the
angle the photograph is taken from - but the flowers look too open in
form, rather than bell-shaped.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley