Old 01-06-2005, 10:14 AM
clokemg clokemg is offline
Registered User

Default Pond Spoil

Hi,

I've now excavated my pond and I am now left with a puzzle. The subsoil is almost solid clay and although I kept some of the topsoil asside I am left with a mound which is very steep with large lumps of clay. What can be planted on a mound like this. I assume the lumps will break up over time and I will try to remove the worst. I have cut some tiers to the bank ( and used the topsoil) but a lot of the bank is still steep and heavy. I thought about alpines but the bank is huge and will take a lot of covering.

Any advice please?

Mark.