Old 01-06-2005, 12:39 PM
Arman Arman is offline
Registered User

Thumbs up

Arman

The pepper spray might work. Pet shops also carry a bitter apple spray that
your dog might hate. I have 2 basset hounds that love to chew just about
anything. They will, however, not chew anything that the bitter apple is
on. You would have to reapply bitter apple or pepper spray every so often,
especially after you've watered the plants or it rains.

Jacqui

Thanks Jacqui !! I live in Dhaka, Bangladesh so pet shops here are pretty rare and I've never seen them carry the bitter apple spray. This weekend though I am going to boil some Neem leaves (medicinal plant but VERY VERY bitter), cool the mixture and then spray it on the plants. Hopefully just the smell of it will gag my two dogs away from the plants.

BTW, I love basset hounds! I think they are incredibly cute and cuddly One of mine is a germanshepherd and the other is a dobie X.

Take care,
Arman.