Old 01-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Pests on gallery

I'm calling attention to a new thread on the IBC Gallery:
"Pests, Let's See Yours" in the "Not Strictly Bonsai" Forum.

It was Kev Bailey's _excellent_ idea, and for all of you who
worry excessively every time you see something with six legs
near your trees, it will become a place to go for critter ID.

We've just started, so have many critters to add as they
show up over the summer, but I invite those of you who can
take GOOD macro shots (NO out-of-focus images, please!) to
add to the list. We need pics of pests that aren't there
yet, pics of a few varieties of some pests (if they're
significantly different from those pictured -- an example
might be various of the Hemiptera (true bugs)or aphids.

We probably need a companion thread on "good bugs," too just
to ensure we don't practice warfare on our allies.

I hope the pictures eventually will be accompanied by BMP
control measures. In the meantime (shameless plug) see my
"Bugs and Bonsai" article on the IBC web pages' "Knowledge
Base." We'll probably download and edit the pictures to go
into the Knowledge Base when we get a fairly complete roster
gathered together.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Nature

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --