Old 01-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Doug Kanter

"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 May 2005 23:07:16 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

opined:

OK....well, I'm not sure I want to kill the bunny because I have this
thing
about cute ears. But I still need to get it into the trap. Other than
carrot
greens, got any suggestions? I just bought a 3 lb bag of organic carrots
yesterday. The last thing I need right now is to go buy another bunch of
carrots just for the greens. I can only eat so many carrot muffins, glazed
carrots, carrots in salad, carrot sticks.....

Just last week we noticed we have a rabbit in our garden. I was
delighted, but
then feared it would reproduce and what then? So, I just leave it. This
cute
thing is not that afraid of me as I've been as close as five feet and it
just
stays there chewing it's shoots. It seems to like the shoots of my St.
Augustine, which is fine by me.

The other night, last night as a matter of fact, my husband was outside
smoking
a cigarette (poor guy) and he heard some rumpling in one of our brush
piles. So,
he got out the Maglight and he saw two foxes in the backyard! I asked him
ten
times if he was sure they weren't opossums or skunks, but no, he said they
were
definitely foxes. One larger than the other.

I am vegetarian, on my way to becoming vegan and I hope people would
reconsider
killing things in nature. It truly is such a non-virtue and creates such
horrible conditions for the killing person.

Victoria

I can't seem to find an answer to my question in your essay, V. Are you
suggesting that the bunny might like a couple of cigarettes? :-)