Old 29-09-2002, 06:33 PM
Janet Galpin and Oliver Patterson

Default Slo clero tricho

The message
from "anton" contains these words:

My clerodendron trcihotomum, planted about 5 years ago,
has grown to around 5ft high & wide. Notcutts says 'flowers
in August', but the flower buds are only just starting to break now.

The main attraction of the bush is supposed to be china blue
berries in violent red petal-like thingies, and at this rate I'll never
see them. I think the same happened last year, but there were
many fewer flowers.

So: does anyone else have success growing this in East
Anglia? My one's in fairly full sun, though is very dry at the
roots- but the leaves seem healthy all year.

--
Anton

I have one but it's only been in 18 months so I'm afraid I have no
experience to offer. I'm just thinking that I've probably got mine all
wrong as it's in shade so I'm likely to get even fewer flowers/berries.
I'm in S. Lincs, just round the Wash from E.Anglia, so I'll be
interested to hear of any other experiences too.
Janet G