Old 29-09-2002, 07:26 PM
Alan Gould

Default spring onions

In article , Alison alison.freeth@No
SpAm.wideopenwindows.fsbusiness.co.uk writes

Oh I'm sad to hear this as my little winter sets have just arrived - trying
them for the first time. Are they difficult to get through the winter then?
Do they need special care, cloches, fleece etc? I'd kinda hoped they'd be
like the spring planting ones - bung 'em in and wait.

They will grow and crop successfully, but we didn't think that they were
sufficiently early to warrant the extra care and attention needed to
ensure a good crop in relation to early spring sown sets. Others may
think differently, but that's what gardening is all about.
--
Alan & Joan Gould, North Lincs.