Old 01-06-2005, 03:30 PM
Spud Demon

"S.D." writes in article dated Tue, 24 May 2005 13:15:03 GMT:
I want to level this area out and have a lawn growing there. I'm thinking
of two possibilities:

1. Till up the back area where all the sod is and try to redistribute the
soil. My feeling is this would be a lot of work. The soil is clay.

2. Order up a truck of good quality soil and dump it in the back yard. Get
a bunch of friends and family to come over and help me distribute the soil
to fill in the depressions. This would involve putting soil right over the
growing grass - but then I would re-seed.

I'm favouring the last option. But my question is: would it work? Is this
just a crazy idea? would I have to roll the soil to compact it? What kind
of tools do I use to level the soil? Would this be more work than the first
option?

I have bumps in my lawn too. Whatever you decide to do, please tell us
about it afterwards so we can learn from your experience.

-- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net
The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.