Old 01-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Stephen Howard

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 14:16:25 +0100, "Paul D.Smith"
wrote:

No, but why do you want to? All they are doing is collecting the
honeydew from sap-sucking insects. Despite the tales of the old
wives, there is no evidence that the ants do any harm - there is
effectively NO evidence that they encourage infestations, and a
fair amount that they are completely irrelevant.

I would disagree. The ants themselves to no harm but from my own
observations, they do actively deter helpful predators such as ladybirds
from removing the aphids resulting in a heavily infested tree.

There's been some debate on this one befo

The two threads starting with the following posts might prove
interesting:

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk