Old 01-06-2005, 09:10 PM
lgb

In article ,
says...
I've got a rabbit in my yard who thinks I'm running a salad bar. I'm
borrowing a Havahart trap this evening. I know a couple of sure-fire ways to
lure a squirrel into one of those, but not a rabbit. The bait's got to be
something tastier than my lettuce & broccoli leaves. Anyone got any ideas?
I'd try a carrot, but I wonder if rabbits are tired of being stereotyped
based on Bugs Bunny cartoons.

Try an apple slice - a fresh one every day. Some folks swear by them.
I use a bb bun.

Also, pepper spray works for me, but you have to apply it before they
start chomping away, so their first taste is bad. Hard to break them if
they've already found something tastes good.

--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever