Old 01-06-2005, 10:45 PM
Ford Prefect

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 19:58:44 +0000 (UTC), "batgirl"
wrote:

Did a quick google check and found...

http://www.easycarnivores.co.uk/dionaea/ quote:
This plant is hardy down to a few degrees centigrade and can even be grown
outdoors in the UK in sheltered positions. It is advisable though to bring
your plants in for the winter and keep them on a bright, cool windowsill.

Also this guy http://www.steveconrad.co.uk/bog/typevft.html really seems to
know his stuff, quote from website:

a.. These plants can be grown outdoors, especially if you live in warmer
climates than here in the UK. However, I have a VFT in the garden at the
moment, buried in it's original pot (to maintain the nutrient free compost)
and close to a run used by the local ants. When I first planted it, within
half an hour, all six of it's current traps had been triggered!
a.. The temperature must not be allowed to drop below freezing, so I'll have
to re-dig up the pot and bring the back indoors before the first frosts
arrive in October.

So maybe worth a go? Hope this is of some help.

Clare

"lunarstablos" wrote in message

I have just bought a small Venus Fly Trap plant and the label said they
need lots of light and moisture.

Would it survive if I was to repot it in the garden for the summer?

Cheers

--
lunarstablos

Oops almost forgot, they like bright light the brighter the light
(e.g. full sun) the redder the insides of the traps.
Ford.