Old 02-06-2005, 03:42 AM
Craig Cowing

On May 29, 2005, at 1:09 PM, Nina wrote:

Jim Lewis wrote:
Hoist one for me, please.

You bet we did, Jim. Unfortunately, the best we could do was Sam
Adams.....

The bonsai convention was great fun on Saturday, with a remarkable
number of IBC'ers in attendance. I was a little disappointed that the
exhibit contained more rocks than trees- is this because of quarantine
restrictions? snip

Nina, who bought a pot of pale salmon pink and is very happy with it.

Well, I'll respond since I just got back and am wide awake. Apparently
it wasn't just me who felt that the wording of the invitation to submit
trees was a bit snooty. I am sure it wasn't intended to be that way,
but I got the impression (and so did a couple of others) that only
world class trees would be even considered. So, I didn't bother since I
don't have any world class trees. After seeing some of the trees that
were in the exhibit (and mind you, there were a number of world-class
trees in the exhibit) I could have had a couple in the exhibit that
were worthy. Some may recall that the deadline for submitting stones
(not sure about trees) was extended because they didn't have enough. I
also heard (won't say the source) that individuals were being called at
the last minute to submit trees because they didn't have enough.

I realize they didn't want to sort through pics of mallsai, but the
invitation could have been a bit more generous.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++