Old 29-09-2002, 08:07 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Squirrel menace

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

There is only one way, as recomended by the forestry commision, and

that
is to drown the things, it's _very_ quick, takes an average of ten
seconds.

I wonder how you are supposed to get near enough to drown them ...

(and
quote, see above ... )

You immerse the whole cage in the water, and wait!

Oh! Silly me, never thought about that!

How big is the cage? Will it fit in the sink? The bath I suppose ...

I have an old storage tank, which was removed from the house some years
ago, I keep it in the garden full of water, a left over from the days when I
had
an allotment, and you had to use watering cans filled from the tank!

It's just big enought to drop the cage in.

Be careful though, the squirrels have very long and very sharp claws so you
may find they reach through the cage and take their revenge on your hand!

If you manage to kill squirrels why not eat them?

You have a point, but the effort of skining and gutting them puts me

off.

It's worth it. You only use the back legs and they're delicious.

The ones I'm catching now seem rather small, to small to eat.

Four so far this year, there are not many about and I'm starting to eat the
walnuts myself, at last!

Alan

Mary

Alan