Old 02-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Marty Haber

Nina - I missed you at the show. You must have been in one of your
disguises.
My view of the convention differs a bit from yours. From where I sit, it
was a fiasco. At the beginning, there were 3 forest demos in a row, all
teaching the same principles. The sound system was terrible, the hall was
too big, and the layout of the convention required roller skates to get from
ballroom to the end of the workshop rooms. I haven't yet mentioned the
meals, because food is expected to be inconsequential in appraising such
affairs; but .... I'm sure the diet in a Russian Gulag was better than what
we got.
On the good side, I bumped into some old friends and met some interesting
new people. I guess that's the basic purpose of conventions; so I'll have
to retract all I said and say:"I'm sorry".