Old 02-06-2005, 10:32 AM
Maggie

Victoria Clare spake thusly
Maggie wrote in news:wYOh
:

. I plan to plant NZ natives to keep
it fairly low maintenance. So I thought I'd do all this in preparation
for planting in spring, but now I've read that I shouldn't till a
sloping site in autumn, I guess due to erosion.

I don't know what NZ natives you are planning to plant -
round here it's usually recommended to plant trees and shrubs in autumn, or
winter for bare root plants - that way they get plenty of damp weather to
settle in before the summer arrives and the ground starts to dry out.

Hmmm.. good point, and something I had completely overlooked.
--
Maggie