Old 02-06-2005, 11:00 AM
Chris Bacon

Victoria Clare wrote:
"Michael Williams" wrote:
The canopy spread is nowhere near the house but what will the
situation be like in 10 years time?

If it's not affecting the house at the moment, and you will see any
problems in the wall and pavement first, what about getting a tree surgeon
to reduce the crown, or even pollard the tree (cut the branches and trunk
back to about 14 feet so you end up with a sort of lollipop shape of
smaller branches).

Can you pollard an oak? I have an oak in my garden, which I try to
keep pruned, as it's only a few yards from the house - by cutting
back the branches - but I think if I pollarded it, it would die.
Anyone?