Old 02-06-2005, 11:40 AM
Sacha

On 2/6/05 10:24, in article
,
" wrote:

Nick Maclaren wrote:
Not at all. Modern wheelbarrows and tolleys are a pain in the back
for anyone tall, because they are so low.

I'm 6'4" and agree with all that. Trollies /have/ to get thier handles
extended upwards, and wheelbarrows are tipped up too much. On top of
that, wheelbarrow handles are now so short that I bank my shins on the
back of the body while I walk!

snip

It all started as a joke but we have some old pram chassis here with plastic
crates tied to them. We also have ordinary trolleys. A lot of tall or
elderly people prefer the prams because they're higher, have bigger wheels
and better ground clearance. Perhaps that's the answer - raid the local tip
for old prams!

And if anybody wants to get rid of some, please bring them along to us!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk