Old 02-06-2005, 12:11 PM
Jill Tardivel

RichardS wrote:
"Jill Tardivel" wrote in message

Was it like this?

http://www.bioimages.org.uk/HTML/P2/P21395.HTM

we get them in our garden - don't know what they are though
and I wish the site above gave more clues

it's amazing - that was exactly the photo that I was searching for. funny,
isn't it - you know exactly what you're after, sit with google in front of
you, but completely fail to describe something accurately in search-engine
terms!

I think the best chance for identifying them is to stick them in a container
and identify what emerges from it.

Bit frustrating in that this image fitted the things I find in my
garden regularly and sound like the insects found by the poster - but
the site that has the photo doesn't identify the insect (AARRGGHHH!!!).

Incidentally I googled with 'lepidoptera pupa' as the search terms,
having failed miserably with 'moth', 'butterfly' and 'chrysalis'

Jill Tardivel