Old 02-06-2005, 01:51 PM
Victoria Clare

"Mike Lyle" wrote in
:

Strange, though, this perpetual telly misconception that we are more
interested in people than in the subject-matter. I mean, what was the
point of pouring a few drinks into Terry Wogan and then getting him
to tell us he wasn't remotely interested in gardening? (In fact, what
on earth was he even _doing_ at the show?) Yes, Titchmarsh on his own
would have done it better -- loved his royal gardens, for example.
They treat sport with much more concentration and respect: I suppose
gardening is done by the "lifestyle" department, where evanescent
fluff is the aim. Maybe they should hand it over to a natural history
team, or even the sports crowd, who are actually interested in their
subjects.

For those who wish to view,

http://www.rhs.org.uk/chelsea/2005/index.asp

has panoramas of each garden, and a full plant list.

The plant lists are not illustrated, but otherwise this idea seems sound,
and has the merit that they are also printable.

Victoria
--
gardening on a north-facing hill
in South-East Cornwall