Old 02-06-2005, 03:31 PM
gng

Default Big Koi with Odd Habit - question...

I have a 2500 gallon pond with about a dozen koi. One of them is around 5
years old, 15" to 18" long. He is constantly lifting his head above the
water as if grabbing bugs. I thought this was what he was doing, but
someone said that he most likely is going for air. I accepted that for a
minute as I will admit that he does this pretty much all the time, but then
thought "wouldn't that make him a mammal like a whale?" I don't mean to
appear dumb - but who is right? Bugs or air?