Old 02-06-2005, 04:59 PM
Koi4Me

"~Roy~" wrote in message

Yea kitty litter for $3.99.....cheap enough, but the wrong material no
matter what the case, why not use just dirt it would serve the same
purpose and is even cheaper and probably do just as good.

## They already get a good clay soil from the potted pond plants in the
pond. Their colors are vivid now. :-) The soil comes from behind our
house at the edge of the woods. There must also be something in kitty
litter because they like it.

........ if
your so darned intent on using sodium bentonite for koi clay
substitute.... then any media would serve.............duh!

## Actually I don't need a clay for them to darken their colors since they
are very vivid now. People here *GASP* when someone mentions feeding their
koi and GF catfish pellets ($10 per 50 lbs) and yet my fish are thriving on
and reproducing like rabbits on them - with excellent color. Why pay 20
times the price for specialty brands?

You say "duh" a lot, my teenage granddaughters and their pals do as
well.....
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.