Old 02-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Crag

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:10:49 GMT bigboard
wrote in :

Evening all,

I've moved into a house that's got a nice, neat, well maintained
conifer hedge at the front of the garden (approx 6ft high). Now I
gather that the area underneath these trees is usually a no go area
for other plants, but is there anything I can plant under them that
will grow up through and provide such much needed colour and flowers?

Thanks,
Crag

Thanks for all the replies, there's plenty to be going on with there -
it's a leylandii hedge by the way.

Just been looking around and thought I might also have a go with the
Passiflora caerulea - reckon I could get away with it on clay soil?

Thanks,
Crag