Old 29-09-2002, 11:32 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Squirrel menace

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

You immerse the whole cage in the water, and wait!

Oh! Silly me, never thought about that!

How big is the cage? Will it fit in the sink? The bath I suppose ...

I have an old storage tank, which was removed from the house some years
ago, I keep it in the garden full of water, a left over from the days when

had
an allotment, and you had to use watering cans filled from the tank!

It's just big enought to drop the cage in.

Be careful though, the squirrels have very long and very sharp claws so

you
may find they reach through the cage and take their revenge on your hand!

Not my hand. We've no room for an old storage tank!

That reminds me that a couple of years ago I saw a squirrel fall into our
little pond. It almost flew out and you've never seen anything to miserably
bedraggled!

Four so far this year, there are not many about and I'm starting to eat

the
walnuts myself, at last!

I've not seen so many either, but they've been evident this last few days.
Well, it might b the same one ...

Mary

Alan

Mary