Old 03-06-2005, 04:08 AM
Craig Cowing

On Jun 2, 2005, at 2:20 PM, Lynn Boyd wrote:

Y'all:
Now we are getting some responses that indicate the writer's
position in bonsai.
So many of IBC are experienced bonsaists for periods of over 30
years to just a
bit under. These are people who could and do themselves teach
and develop the
bonsai world - if only to friends, neighbors and IBC newbies. A
convention hopefully
- but rarely- could supply their advanced and skillfully formed
abilities and skills.

It concerns me that so much disappointment is handed out and so
little appreciation that would encourage less experienced first
convention (or tenth, even) attending folks.

snip
It would be pleasant to hear some more details - positively !

I am not going into how I hate running up and down levels of
stairs in huge, spendy hotels, why never is there a "NOTE LIST" where
one can leave a message to find someone they are eager to meet, and -
oh, forget it! I just love meeting bonsai folks if the lectures and
demos get fit for a nap - I go looking. Nothing like sharing
experiences. (good & bad
Lynn

Lynn:
I thought I had started out with the positive things about the
convention but maybe that didn't come through. There was a tremendous
amount of value in going to the convention as I had described. Not
everything was perfectly organized, but that is to be expected. Overall
it was a very positive experience for both of us.

Craig Cowing
NY
Zone 5b/6a Sunset 37

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++