Old 03-06-2005, 01:49 AM
gng

It's not oxygen. I have a Sequence 7200 with a nice, full waterfall and
none of the other fish are doing this. Tons of water coming off the
waterfall, in fact. What I did not tell you was that this fish has some odd
tumors growing on him that the koi store said were sunburn - and that short
of surgery, there was nothing I could do. Pond is actually very healthy
with crystal clear water and 20% water changes every week. I could toss
some Paraside Green into the pond to clear out any parasites.... good idea?

"~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Gasping koi, especially the larger one(s), is usually O2. Did you have the
pet store test your water while you were there? A fish with fried gills or
parasitic invasion of the gills, could be doing the same thing regardless
of dissolved oxygen in the water. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~