Old 03-06-2005, 01:58 AM
~Roy~

Its sure nice to know all the facts before trying to figure out whats
wrong....No telling what the tumors are causing...I do not think
tumnors have any resemblence to a sunburn area though........I think I
would have passed on a fish with sunburn. I donl;t know if they can or
not get sunburn, but why by a pig in a poke when one without the poke
that you can see costs the same.........Does your pond have parasites?
If not, why shotgun treat it and stress fish even more..........Clear
tons of water does stl not mean water parameters are good.........

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:49:08 -0700, "gng"
wrote:

===It's not oxygen. I have a Sequence 7200 with a nice, full waterfall and
===none of the other fish are doing this. Tons of water coming off the
===waterfall, in fact. What I did not tell you was that this fish has some odd
===tumors growing on him that the koi store said were sunburn - and that short
===of surgery, there was nothing I could do. Pond is actually very healthy
===with crystal clear water and 20% water changes every week. I could toss
===some Paraside Green into the pond to clear out any parasites.... good idea?
===
===
==="~ janj JJsPond.us" wrote in message
===news:di6v9153plur41nglvtosq4n9lujvruco8@4ax. com...
=== Gasping koi, especially the larger one(s), is usually O2. Did you have the
=== pet store test your water while you were there? A fish with fried gills or
=== parasitic invasion of the gills, could be doing the same thing regardless
=== of dissolved oxygen in the water. ~ jan
===
===
=== See my ponds and filter design:
=== www.jjspond.us