Old 03-06-2005, 11:08 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Julia Altshuler said:
I'll look into it, but I'd guess that the shipping for $5 worth of seeds
would be around $9. Would anyone else like to jump in here on shipping
costs when buying direct from places like Burpee or Johnny's? Also,
who's to say that the seeds aren't mishandled when shipping even when
buying direct from the source? Couldn't seeds be exposed to heat and
cold and sunlight anyway?

Pinetree Garden Seeds has low shipping prices for seed-only orders:
$1.95 (and they stock six varieties of kale). They are very much oriented
toward the home gardener. http://www.superseeds.com/home.htm

If you order early (in December/January) your seeds likely won't be
exposed to any hot weather.

(attributed to Don Marti)