Old 03-06-2005, 08:25 PM
ADD

Default Ants and bulbs

I planted 4 bulbs infront of my shrubs in the frontyard. I don't know
what they are called. All I know is they are red when they grow and
flower. Im new at this.

ANyway, shortly after, maybe a few days, ants showed up. I think they
are setting up their fort in the area I dug to plant the bulbs.
QUestion is , should I dig up the bulbs, replant them in pots, and use
bait to kill the ant colony, or should I leave them there ,and use
bait? I have these granules I oredered a couple of years ago which is
for carpenter ants. I am assuming the ants will eat the bulbs. I also
thought of digging and placing the granules within the soil, and
leaving the bulbs there.