Old 03-06-2005, 06:44 PM
Laura J

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
In article Si_ne.8$2H2.6@trndny08, "Laura J" wrote:

I planted some containers of herbs on my front porch and yesterday found
3
of the basil plants missing. Just completely pulled up and gone, no
roots,
no leaves, no nothing left but a hole. Some of my sage leaves have also
been cut off. This is on a third floor balcony so I can't blame it on
the
neighbors or their pets. I have known squirrels to steal tomatoes but
whole
herb plants? And usually they dig but in this case the mulch around the
missing plants was undisturbed. Any ideas on what could be doing this
and
how to prevent it in the future?

TIA!

LauraJ

My sister's dog does this. She couldn't figure out where her little
potted herbs were going and then one night she let the dog out and
caught her in the act.

Don't suppose you have a pet you let out on the balcony?

marcella

Nope, no pets, just my DH and he swears he didn't touch it...

LauraJ