Old 03-06-2005, 05:37 PM
George

"Reel McKoi" wrote in message

" George" wrote in message
news:xIXne.11445$xm3.4592@attbi_s21...
I got up early this morning to a steady light rain and decided to check

out
the 'porgs'. The pond is partially beneath a large oak tree, so half of
the pond doesn't get rained on like the half out in the open (duh). The
goldfish were in a spawning frenzy - ALL of them! I've got eggs and
froth
all over the pond ................

======================
Well congrats on your fishy family! :-) As for zillions of GF. I sell
the
excess or trade them from fish food, filter pads - whatever, making this
mostly self-supporting hobby. We also get decent prices for excess koi
the
years we cull them out.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.

I have discussed doing this with pet shops in my area. None are
interested, since they already have contracts with breeders, and most have
more goldfish than they know what to do with. Of course, I can always
stick a sign in front of my house, but since I'm the only one in the
neighborhood with a pond, and live on a deadend street, this is not a
viable alternative for me.