Old 03-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Reel McKoi

wrote in message
oups.com...
hi all,

i live in the US pacific northwest, and I began feeding my koi the
appropriate wheatgerm feed a couple months ago when a local store
suggested it'd be warm enough to start feeding them.. they came up
every day and ate and all was good.

but 4-6 weeks ago they stopped coming to the surface, and i haven't
seen them since. it's as though they're hybernating again.

should i be worried?

I have the same problem with a small inground 150 pool. For the last 2
weeks the rosy reds and GF dart out and grab the sinking pellets and dash
back into the hornwart under a water lily. I'm sure there must have been a
visit from a heron or snake. That's the only pool or pond we don't have
netted.
--
McKoi.... the frugal ponder...
Do not feed the trolls.