Old 03-06-2005, 07:57 PM
DE

Courageous wrote:
Nothing can be done.

This is not actually true.

rec.ponds could become moderated.

It's fairly easy to arrange, and not anywhere near as cumbersome as most
people think.

Moderation software even allows you to set up accept lists. These can be
as finicky as specific ip addresses of origin, or even hardware mac addresses.

C//

Oh, I left this one out, which is the one the "I know more than my
news admin" and "I just CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF" Carol ought to read (but
she won't; she'll just go on inviting the troll over to play and
adding more groups):

http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/faqs/mod-pitfalls.html

Geesh, you don't even know the intended purpose of nanau but you feel
free to post this "I can't deal with the troll" BS there even though
just about EVERYONE ELSE IN THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS HOW TO DEAL WITH A
TROLL -- all you have to do is SHUT UP, Carol.

-- DE