Old 03-06-2005, 08:02 PM
DE

Courageous wrote:
Is it possible you can do this for rec.ponds? Perhaps we can have two pond
groups - one where those who don't mind trolls can post, and one moderated?
Is that possible?

Someone needs to look into newsgroup formation. I'm not sure, but I don't
think one can simply change a group to moderated status.

Keep in mind that moderation doesn't have to introduce difficulty to using
the group. Usually the way it works is that newcomers, who want to post,
have to have several of their posts approved by one of a group of moderators.
Once this happens, all posts are automatically approved.

C//

You're full of it, you know nothing about actual newsgroup moderation,
even less about auto-moderation.

All that is needed here is for ONE PERSON -- YOU -- to SHUT UP.

I don't think everyone in rec.ponds is willing to go through the
newsgroup creation process in the rec hierarchy, no less move to
posting to a new group, just to get rid of ONE TROLL, when the answer
is so easy: Carol, SHUT UP and that is all it takes.

SHUT UP, Carol. Talk about PONDS in rec.ponds, period, nothing else,
no response to Jabriol and he will go away, and then people MIGHT
start reading your posts again ... maybe ... if you haven't already
made everyone so nauseous by your inability to control yourself for a
second that they can't stand to read anything you write anymore.

What, are you 2 years old, that you have NO IMPULSE CONTROL?

AUK added as you're headed for some kind of award for persistent
insistent infinite cluelessness.