Old 03-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Des Higgins

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from Victoria Clare contains these words:

For those who wish to view,

http://www.rhs.org.uk/chelsea/2005/index.asp

has panoramas of each garden, and a full plant list.

The plant lists are not illustrated, but otherwise this idea seems sound,
and has the merit that they are also printable.

Thanks. but it doesn't change the point. The BBC provided two Chelsea
slots daily for a week, and all too obviously couldn't think how the
hell to fill in the time; while gardeners up and down the country just
wanted a camera to point at the gardens, plants, displays, etc, in
focus, for a decent length of time, *without* a musical background, and
*with*a voice-over or caption of plant names.

If you're reading this, BBC researchers, , we don't need or want to
see a presenter. Just pick one who hasn't got a speech impediment, is

I am a DG fan but I do agree that his chelsea stuff was shite.
It simply did not work.
However, what you refer to as a speech impediment is the way working class
Irish people often speak. It is no more a speech impediment than a cockney
saying lovely motor and not pronouncing the t or a glaswegian saying hey
yeeuuugh jimmy or a Surbiton Tory saying "car" and not pronouncing the r.
That was how I spoke until I was 6 and a posh aunt freaked and beat it out
of me. Irish people have been pronouncing dere "th"s like dat for tree
hundred years. Big deal.

interested in plants, and let them do a voiceover while the camera
points at gardens, plants, displays etc. How hard is that?

Janet

Janet.