Old 03-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Pam Moore

On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:29:23 +0000, lunarstablos
wrote:

It's a yellow label tree, which means it can be either but prefers
winter indoors. I only bought it two weeks ago and was going to put it
in a larger pot on the patio for the summer. Is this a bad time then,
should I keep it indoors till next year?

I've not experienced yellow labels so cannot comment there.
You certainly could put it in a bigger pot in the garden if you don't
disturb the roots, and don't keep it in full sun to start with.
If you put it in a much bigger pot it will not be a bonsai, unless you
prune the roots in early spring, and put it back in a smaller pot.
All this is relative as you don't say the size of pot it is in, or
that you are proposing moving it to.
Again, a book will give you much more advice than you will get here.
Bonsai is a complex art. If you are really keen, find a local club, go
to a bonsai nursery. There is ( well was!) a permanent display at
Birmingham Botanic Gardens. It depends where you live.

Pam in Bristol