Old 16-10-2002, 06:51 AM
Tumbleweed

Default Snowdrops in Lawns - especially mine!

"Alan Terry" wrote in message

I re-turfed the back lawn this year.

We used to get a nice border of snowdrops along one side of the old one
and I suspect most of them are still there lurking under the new one.

Will they damage my nice new lawn if I let them grow?

No really but you wont be able to mow it (assuming its dry enough at that
time of year).
Plenty of people plant bulbs under their lawns. Yu are meant to leave them
for a _minimum_ of 6 weeks _after flowering_ before mowing, otherwise they
will eventually die off.

If I need to stop them, how/when?

Mow them.

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)