Old 04-06-2005, 10:02 PM
2Rowdy

Message ,
by author Prometheus Xex aka inspired me,
I have a two ponds connected by a small stream. I would like to
use the small pond as my filtering. You can see it at www.xex.ca
... just click on the pond link (nothing else to click on). Any
suggestion would be greatly appreciated!

Great pictures, great looking pond!

It appears you don't have that many plants. You could setup the small
pond as a swamp area, lots of plants. If the small pond is to deep for
a swamp area you could setup a mesh hand deep and place the plants on
top of it.
The filter box you have is quite small compared with the size on the
pond. You could do with a bigger one.
You clean the filter often, to often I think.
You filter out debris but you don't give bacteria any chance and time
to convert the mess into usable plant food.
There is a little trick I have. If the contents of the filter smells
like fish I clean to early. If it smells like sewer waste I am to
late. Somewhere in the middle is the optimum.
--
d:Johan; Certifiable me
Seasons Wishes at http://www.aacit.net/aac.gif