Old 04-06-2005, 11:57 PM
~ janj JJsPond.us

On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 15:19:38 -0400, "Prometheus Xex" wrote:

I have a two ponds connected by a small stream. I would like to use the
small pond as my filtering. You can see it at www.xex.ca ... just click on
the pond link (nothing else to click on). Any suggestion would be greatly
appreciated!
- Francis

Really nice set up! I would have liked a picture showing the entire area.
Small pond and large. :-) How much water are you currently pumping? The
small pond would work great as a veggie filter. Load it up with iris
planted in mesh baskets with large rocks to hold them down in the basket.
For variety you could put in a cattail (these need to be in a pot they
can't escape) blooming cannas, swamp hibiscus and other marginally, but you
really want a lot of iris, they are great marginal veggie plants. Or you
could load it with water hyacinths, but that is only a summer filter and
you've got to keep them from blocking the stream. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
www.jjspond.us

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a