Old 05-06-2005, 05:37 PM
Ralph Mowery

"Iowa883" wrote in message
I am in need of a new riding mower, I have about and acre of yard to mow

and
it is new build so it is still kinda rough.
I was wondering what brand and size of mower to get that will last . I

don't
want to be buying a mower every other year. On the other not, I don't

think
I can afford something like a John Deere.
I would possibly like to get one with bigger wheels because of the
roughness.
Another idea is to get a pull behing finishing mower and pull it behind my

4
wheeler. Does anyone use one of these with success ?
Thanks,
Iowa883

YOu might as well get the Deere. They have some modles around $ 1500. They
should outlast some of the other ones that cost around $ 800 or so by many
years. Get one with the aoutmatic transmission. That way you run the
blades at the full speed and just mash the foot feed for the speed you want
to go.. If you do much backing up , it is just a maner of rocking your
foot.