Old 05-06-2005, 07:16 PM
Kyle Boatright

"Stubby" wrote in message
Iowa883 wrote:

I am in need of a new riding mower, I have about and acre of yard to mow
and it is new build so it is still kinda rough.
I was wondering what brand and size of mower to get that will last . I
don't want to be buying a mower every other year. On the other not, I
don't think I can afford something like a John Deere.
I would possibly like to get one with bigger wheels because of the
roughness.
Another idea is to get a pull behing finishing mower and pull it behind
my 4 wheeler. Does anyone use one of these with success ?
Thanks,
Iowa883

Don't buy a Sears. I did based on their promise to always have repair
parts available. Well, mine has worked for about 17 years and I need a
few parts, but they are "no longer available" on the sears.com parts site
or in local distributors.

I'd say 17 years is a pretty good run. I don't know the answer, but how
long do you expect parts to be available for a model that was probably
discontinued over a decade ago? At 17 years, I wouldn't be surprised that
parts are hard or impossible to find.