Old 17-10-2002, 03:50 PM
Victoria Clare

Default Planting near septic tank soakaway

"John Towill" wrote in
:

I've asked this question on uk.diy as well, as I'm not certain of the
best venue. My septic tank soakaway runs diagonally across my garden,
will it adversely affect its function if I plant trees/shrubs near or
over? I suspect that the roots, seeking out water, will penetrate it,
but bearing in mind that they will utilise a lot of the water would it
do any harm? TIA
John T

Our septic tank and soakaway was overplanted with all sorts of things,
including a large yew tree. Never did it any harm. Plant away, say I
(though perhaps not fruit trees. Dunno why, just... I don't think you'd
look at them in quite the same way...)

Victoria Clare
--
Victoria Clare
gardening high up in South East Cornwall