Old 05-06-2005, 03:38 PM
June Hughes

In message , agileflower
writes

Hi there! I live in North London (moved here recently!) and am looking
for a place (preferably online as I don't have a car) to buy wooly
thyme. I searched on google but didn't see anything, and so thought
that maybe it was called something different here?

Thank you very much!! I am excited to be here and learning about
gardening in the UK. I lived most of my life in northern california
where anything and everything grew all year long....so I have lots to
learn!

Jekka McVicar does a great mail order service. I haven't bought
anything from her this year, as our adopted year-old labrador is a bit
of a digger at present and I would rather she dug out the old stuff
until she is trained than put in new plants and lose them. Less
frustration. She's coming along fine, so next year I shall start again
with my herb garden.

www.jekkasherbfarm.com

If you are near Bounds Green, the Sunshine Garden Centre sells lots of
different varieties of thyme. They are situated at what was the old
swimming pool in Durnsford Road and I have found their herbs to be
generally better than elsewhere locally. I have no idea why. It's easy
to get to by public transport.

I hope you like living here. It's certainly different to California!

HTH

--
June Hughes