Old 05-06-2005, 04:11 PM
Chris Hogg

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 10:15:28 +0100, Dave Poole
wrote:

snip
Luckily, if
you've got the time and get it wrong, you can cut the whole thing down
and start again, allowing just one of he resulting shoots to develop.

Every 30 years or so we get a sufficiently hard winter to kill many
cordylines down to the ground. With luck, they will re-sprout several
shoots from the base. When I see them I always think that the
resulting multi-stemmed groups of trunks and foliage to be much more
attractive than just a solitary specimen.

--
Chris