Old 05-06-2005, 09:46 PM
Paul H. Smith

Default What type of grass to sow? Fescue not working...

New house, no rear lawn, very little shade, and no green thumb. Tried
generic fescue mid spring, covered with hay, and watered faithfully with
very little results. Didn't aerate. Should I try some type of creeping
fescue or centipede or similar? Sounds to me like that would provide
faster and more thorough coverage. Would a "creeping" grass be more
heat/sun tolerant? Bermuda in front doing well. Does fescue or seed in
general need to be covered with dirt to germinate? Live just north of
Atlanta. Need something that tolerates little shade (for now) and a lot
of heat and humidity. And some instructions for seeding.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Paul