Old 06-06-2005, 12:09 AM
J. Davidson

Their fall colors are as interesting as their flowers I hear. Is that true?
Jackie
"Bourne Identity" wrote in message
On Sat, 4 Jun 2005 19:56:16 -0400, "J. Davidson"

opined:

Are these plants finiky? I learned the hard way that they resent
transplanting. But I would like to have some, and I want to know if the
mature plants are as difficult to care for as the babies?
Jackie in zone 7

Not at all. They are native plants and do very well in all types of soil.

They
prefer to be in more shade where In am in the south, so I have three of

them
growing under the canopy of a 150 foot wide oak tree canopy. They are in

very
calciferous soil, but are mulched well and have ostrich ferns, cycads and

other
native ground covers as their companions. They can take a year or so to
establish and they do need a bit of watering when it is extremely dry.

Mine are
flowering now.