Old 06-06-2005, 01:44 AM
Kayla

I'll try that. The only reason I buried it was because I had dug it
up to move it but now that it has been planted in a new location I'll
protect it. The temperatures here in winter get to about -20 to -30
degrees farenheit at times so needless to say I don't get flowers.

Lori

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 01:51:24 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

"Kayla" wrote in message
news
I uncovered my hydrangea bush and planted it upright this year and I
have leaves on the stems now. I live in zone 5 and the plant dies
back to the ground in the winter and since blossoms form on last years
branches I never got blooms. I buried it in a foot of soil over the
winter and have hopes of getting those nice blue blooms that were on
the plant when I bought it years ago. Has anybody tried this and
succeeded?

Instead of using soil, try wrapping the plant in burlap, or better yet, make
a cage out of wire fencing and put that over the shrub. Fill the cage with
leaves for some winter protection.